Are you planning your next Florida vacation? If you're thinking about staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and using an Orlando scooter rental, you might want to consider using Disney's Magical Express. This complimentary motor coach is the perfect option when you're traveling the Orlando International Airport to the hotel.
What Makes the Magical Express a Magical Choice?
Disney's Magical Express offers a number of benefits that those staying in Disney Resorts can take advantage of- especially those who use Orlando scooter rentals or other mobility aids.
You don't have to stop at the baggage claim when you get off the plane. This inconvenience can be avoided completely, as your bags will be picked up for you and delivered separately later. They will be taken directly to your room.
You won't have to search for transportation options to get to your hotel. This can be difficult, especially if you're using an electric scooter. You may wonder whether the option you choose will be scooter-friendly. With this motorcoach, you don't have to wonder. This means you can have your scooter delivered directly to their airport so it is available when you arrive or you can have it delivered to the resort, where it will be waiting when you arrive via motorcoach.
The motorcoach is complimentary for both your arrival and your departure. This saves you money and allows you to put that cost toward other, more fun, areas of your vacation.
Tips for Using the Motorcoach
If you're using the Magical Express motorcoach, whether you'll be traveling with your electric scooter or not, consider these important tips.
Make sure all of your valuable and important items, such as medications, are in your carry-on. While your luggage will arrive at your resort room, it can take up to three hours for it to do so.
Luggage delivery is only available for flights that arrive between 5:00AM and 10:00PM. If your flight arrives before or after these times, you'll need to collect your own luggage and bring it with you to the motorcoach.
Remember to keep your MagicBand on you at all times. These bands are responsible for unlocking your hotel room door, entering theme parks, and charging food and items to your room. If you haven't received your MagicBand yet, make sure you have a photo ID and your transportation vouchers in your carry-on so you can receive it when you arrive at the hotel.
By staying at the Disney Resort hotel, you are automatically enrolled in the resort's check-in service. This means you don't have to pick up your luggage and boarding pass from the airport; you can pick both of these up at the hotel so you don't have to go through the airport check-in. If your flight leaves after noon, these will be delivered right to your room.
You can drop off your Orlando scooter rental at the rental agency, or if you prefer, you can leave the electric scooter with the concierge at the resort before you board the motorcoach to the airport.
Planning on staying at Disney's Resort hotel? Take advantage of an Orlando scooter rental and Disney's Magical Express.
When you plan a trip to Orlando, Florida, you’re expecting the best of the best. You want magic, beauty, and excitement. You want to explore the various theme parks it offers, taste the best food, and enjoy luxury hotels and rental homes. The last thing you want is to become injured. Unfortunately, it happens, and when you have mobility problems, the likelihood of an injury increases dramatically.
So, what can you do about it?
Avoiding Falling on Your Vacation
- Scooter Rental in Orlando- Whether you’re traveling from your hotel room to the hotel swimming pool or you’re enjoying the magic of Disney, renting a scooter is essential to ensuring you’re as safe as possible. Being able to utilize the scooter will allow you to eliminate the need to walk any type of long distance, which greatly reduces the risk of falling or tripping, especially when your mobility is limited already.
- Equipped Hotel Rooms- When you plan your Orlando, Florida vacation, be careful how you make your hotel reservation. Be clear that you will be operating a mobility scooter and that your mobility is limited. Request a room that is on the ground floor, or one with disabled-access. As whether the room is equipped for individuals with limited mobility as well; the room may come with shower bars, hand rails, and lower countertops to accommodate for your needs.
- Equipped Vacation Homes- It’s much more difficult to find a vacation home with the scooter-friendly access, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Contact a realtor while you’re planning your trip. They will be able to help you find exactly what you need; this very helpful when you don’t live nearby and are unable to visit Orlando to find the perfect rental yourself.
- Go Clutter Free- Living out a suitcase isn’t very conducive to organization, but allowing the items in your hotel room to clutter up walkways can be dangerous. Even if you only have to walk short distances, like to the bathroom or to where your scooter rental is charging on the other side of the room, making sure path is free of any clutter will help you avoid falling.
- Rely on Help- There may be instances during your trip when you won’t be able to do what you want to do if you’re in a mobility scooter. For instance, some rides and attractions at the theme parks in Orlando will require you to transfer from your scooter to a wheelchair that will fit on the ride. Don’t be afraid to rely on a bit of help when you must make these changes. Being able to stabilize yourself on the arm of someone else can keep you from becoming injured and can keep the rest of your trip from being ruined. When you’re in your vacation home, think of things the same way. If you need help getting from your scooter to your bed at night, ask for help.
Want to make the most of your trip? If your mobility is limited, do everything you can to plan to avoid falling. Find the right hotel room or vacation home, get a scooter rental in Orlando, and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
In this day and age, many of us do everything we can to save an extra dollar or two. We clip coupons, we avoid eating out, and we wear the same wardrobe for years until it’s obvious we need to update our clothing. Being frugal isn’t a bad thing. In fact, it can help you save back money to put toward the items you really need- or want. Like the Florida vacation you’ve been working towards for the last few years. Now that you’ve saved enough money, you’re ready to go enjoy yourself.
If you have limited mobility, your fun may be limited as well, especially if you’re still in the frugal mindset and refuse a mobility scooter rental. A mobility scooter rental can allow you to experience everything you want to experience in Orlando, though, and can keep you from needing frequent breaks or having to cut the fun short so you can go back to the hotel room and rest.
Not sure if you need a mobility scooter? Here are a few facts that may change your mind.
Why You Need a Mobility Scooter
- The average number of miles a person walks in ONE day while visiting Disney World is 13 miles. This doesn’t count the hours you’ll probably spend waiting in line so your daughter can ride her favorite ride for the fifth time.
- Planning on getting a room at a Disney resort? While this may get you closer to the theme park, you should still expect to walk about 15 minutes before arriving at a bus that will take you to the park.
- Thinking that staying at another Orlando resort will better appeal to your frugal mentality? While you may save a little bit of money by booking a room outside of Disney, that doesn’t mean you’ll be doing any less walking. There are an average of 20,000 rooms in each Orlando resort.
- What time of year are planning on visiting Orlando? In January the average temperature is about 72 degrees, but from April to October, you can expect to be walking in temperatures as high as 80 to 100 degrees.
What’s the Solution?
A mobility scooter rental is the smart solution when your ability to walk is limited, and you want to get the most out of your Orlando experience. While it may cost a little bit extra to use a scooter, it will allow you to get anywhere you want in Orlando and keep you from being in pain from too much walking or becoming too tired.
With the help of Florida Scooter Rentals, you can rent a scooter a reasonable price and have it delivered right to your hotel room. You’ll then be able to fold it up when you need to take your car or a cab, and you’ll be able to use it in any theme park and have access to a number of attractions. Contact us today for more information on how we can help you enjoy your Florida experience.
So, you’ve been planning your Florida vacation for months, and now that you’ve finally arrived in Orlando, you can wait to start enjoying yourself. Because of your inability to walk for long distances, you’ve had to invest in an Orlando scooter rental, but you’re sure that using a mobility scooter will only enhance your enjoyment of the sunny Florida days ahead.
If you want your mobility scooter to last and perform at its best, though, you have to make sure you’re doing everything possible to keep it running. Fortunately, this generally only means keeping the battery charged. Doing so will ensure you’re ready to go whenever you want to and also ensures you’re never left stranded without a way to get back to your hotel.
What if, however, you do everything right, charge the battery each night, but something seems to be wrong with the power? What if the battery is running low? Is your vacation ruined?
What Cause Scooter Batteries to Run Low
In most circumstances, the battery on your Orlando scooter rental will be a very reliable source of power. It’s designed that way, so it can keep up with your need to be on-the-go during your vacation. Most batteries can handle travel anywhere from ten to fifteen miles on a single charge.
If you notice your scooter battery doesn’t seem to be holding up to its end of the deal anymore, and the distance you’re able to go each day is less and less, there could be a few reasons behind it.
- Heavy Weight- Did you make sure to check the weight capacity of the scooter you were renting before you rented it? If your weight exceeds the capacity, or you’ve been allowing others to ride the mobility scooter, you’re putting extra demand on the batteries. This can cause them to drain much more quickly.
- Extreme Cold or Heat- Do you leave the scooter sitting out in the hot sun or turn the air conditioning down extremely low in your vacation home because you aren’t used to the Florida heat? Extreme hot and cold fluctuations can make the battery on your Orlando scooter rental work harder, which can cause power to deplete faster.
- Frequent Climbs, Starts, and Stops- Have you been visiting locations that require you to stop and start frequently? Have you been testing your scooter’s ability to handle hills and inclines? Compared to traveling over flat surfaces at a steady pace, battery power depletes faster with frequent climbs, starts, and stops.
How to Maintain Your Mobility Scooter Battery Power
In addition to ensuring the battery on your Orlando scooter rental is charged each night for its recommended time (generally six to eight hours,) make sure to charge the battery as soon as any power loss is evident.
If that doesn’t fix the problem, contact Florida Mobility Rentals to speak with our qualified personnel about any changes you may need to make in your operations, to determine if the battery on your mobility scooter might need to be replaced, or to determine if you need a scooter with a higher weight capacity.
When your mobility is limited, using a scooter rental to enjoy Disney’s Magic Kingdom is not only recommended, but essential. The parking lots and common areas that have to be navigated before reaching the ticket gates are a long distance away. Here’s a short breakdown in how the process works:
- If you’re traveling by car and don’t have a handicap sign for your vehicle, you’ll have to navigate the parking lots and common areas until you reach the ticket gate.
- If you’re traveling by car and do have a handicap sign, you’ll be able to park in the handicap parking lot. However, if you decide to use the free, available wheelchairs in this lot instead of an Orlando scooter rental, you’ll need to travel down and back up an incline in order to reach the ticket gate. The inclines can be hard on anyone, even if someone is available to push you.
- If you decide to take the monorail, you may arrive at the ticket gate more quickly, but you’ll also have a two story incline up to the monorail platform and another once you get off the monorail. There will be another slight incline as well before you reach the security checkpoint and gate.
These inclines can be much too taxing when you’re only using a wheelchair, but they can also be hard on your scooter rental. If you want to avoid the ups and downs while still making sure you don’t spend all of your vacation time going across parking lots, consider these tips.
Using Your Scooter Rental in Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Skip the monorail and take the ferry instead. The wait will be longer, but you won’t have to go up and down inclines that could limit the time you spend in the park because of its affects on your scooter battery.
- Always arrange for an Orlando scooter rental before you visit the park. Don’t rely on the scooters the park provides; these are generally sell out first thing in the morning. Having Florida Scooter Rentals deliver your scooter to your hotel room will allow you to enjoy the benefits of the scooter well before you enter the park as well.
- For shorter and easier commutes, stay at a Disney resort or on-site hotel. You’ll be able to use a boat or the bus service to quickly and easily reach the entrance to the Magic Kingdom.
- If you decide to park in the handicap parking lot or use the monorail, make sure your scooter’s battery is full charged. The inclines can deplete its power more quickly, but with a full charge to start off with, you should be able to enjoy the entire day with your family and friends in Magic Kingdom.
Are you ready to enjoy Disney World’s Magic Kingdom? Don’t let your limited mobility get in the way. Use these tips and an Orlando scooter rental to make the most of your visit to Florida so you can have time of your life.
Are you planning on vacationing in Florida? If you have a disability that prevents you from walking long distances or walking without the help of an aide like a walker or cane, you might want to consider an Orlando scooter rental. With a scooter, you can easily get about, and because you’ll be less tired, you’ll be able to enjoy more of your vacation.
If you’re never operated a mobility scooter before, you may first simply think that others around you should automatically respect your space so you can smoothly operate the equipment. While this is definitely true, it’s a two-way street. Understanding mobility scooter etiquette and being courteous and conscientious of those around you will make your trip to Orlando much more pleasurable and safe for you and other pedestrians.
Mobility Scooter Etiquette Tips
- While you may be operating an electric mobility aide, you are still considered a pedestrian. If at all possible, always stay on the sidewalk or footpath and avoid riding on the road.
- If you need to stop to do something, such as talk to a friend or even just look through your purse for something, move off of the sidewalk. This will give those around you plenty of space to pass you.
- Many mobility scooters can operate at relatively fast speeds. When you’re around others, though, that doesn’t mean you should drive as fast as possible. Keep your speeds safe so you can stop quickly if necessary and won’t endanger others.
- Think of riding your Orlando scooter rental the same way you think of driving a car. Keep to the right and pass on the left.
- If you need to pass someone, always look behind you first to ensure no one is going to be hit when you maneuver the scooter.
- If you receive a cell phone call, don’t try to operate your Orlando scooter rental and talk at the same time. Your driving will become much worse, not only because your attention is on the call, but also because you are only using one hand to steer instead of two.
- When you approach others from behind, are coming up to a covered driveway, or are making a turn where you can’t see what’s on the other side, always alert others of your presence. Mobility scooters are relatively silent; using your horn can keep you and others safe.
- If you are going into a restaurant and have the ability to walk without your scooter, use another mobility aide to get around, such as your crutches, walker, or cane. Park the scooter at the side of the dining area, out of the way. If you do need the scooter, talk to the restaurant staff and request a table that you can easily get up to and away from so you aren’t bumping into other diners.
When you pick up your Orlando scooter rental, we want you to be as safe as possible. Part of ensuring that is making sure you know how to operate the mobility scooter and understand these simple, yet necessary rules of etiquette.
So, you’re thinking about taking this year’s vacation in Orlando, Florida. It’s the perfect place, really, with all the attractions, entertainment, and fine dining available. If you’re disabled in such a way that you can’t walk or have trouble walking very long distances, however, you might have to consider a scooter rental in Orlando. This will allow you to easily get from place to place, so you can take part in all the fun with the rest of your family.
Of course, renting a mobility scooter means you’ll have to think a bit more carefully when planning your vacation. The places you go and the hotel you stay in will all have to accommodate your needs and the space required to use scooter. Luckily, this isn’t difficult in Florida. In fact, you’ll find almost every attraction, recreational activity, and lodging choice is especially equipped to accommodate your physical needs.
Getting a Mobility Scooter-Friendly Hotel
Florida law is very strict about how businesses and hotels provide for handicapped guests. In fact, state statutes mandate that every licensed hotel and facility for lodging must make sure that at least five percent of their rooms accessible to those who are disabled in any way. The various features that are available in these rooms will vary, depending on the resort or hotel you select, but many will offer the following:
- Lowered toilet seats
- Roll-in showers with foldable chairs
- Handrails near the toilet and bathtub for easy transfers
- Lowered countertops
- Lower peepholes
- Handheld shower nozzles
- Lowered faucets
- Rooms available on lower levels
- Rooms available by hotel elevator
Outside of these hotel rooms, disabled guests using scooter rentals in Orlando can take advantage of even more of the hotel’s accommodations. While each hotel will vary, many offer:
- Special parking permits provided by the establishment. Even if your vehicle is from out-of-state, if it displays a disability parking permit, you are still allowed to park in spaces designed for those with disabilities.
- Restrooms in the lobby, pool area, and even in the bar or restaurant that are mobility scooter accessible.
- You’ll have access to easy to use ramps in common areas, so you never feel as if you are left out of the fun.
- Zero-entry pools, or pools that have ramps going right into the pool, allow individuals in wheelchairs and scooters to go swimming even if they can’t leave their chair. Chair lifts are also available in most hotels that do not have zero-entry available. Most hotels also have wheelchairs available so for you to transfer to so you don’t have to get your scooter wet.
If you are interested in enjoying a fun-filled vacation in Florida, but feel as if you will become too tired if you are forced to walk around with a cane or walker, you should consider an Orlando scooter rental. Every licensed hotel in Florida will be able to accommodate your mobility scooter and provide you with a number of features you’ll be able to utilize and enjoy while on vacation.