Disney Magic Kingdom Tips When You’re Using a Scooter Rental
When your mobility is limited, using a scooter rental to enjoy Disney’s Magic Kingdom is not only recommended, but essential. The parking lots and common areas that have to be navigated before reaching the ticket gates are a long distance away. Here’s a short breakdown in how the process works:
- If you’re traveling by car and don’t have a handicap sign for your vehicle, you’ll have to navigate the parking lots and common areas until you reach the ticket gate.
- If you’re traveling by car and do have a handicap sign, you’ll be able to park in the handicap parking lot. However, if you decide to use the free, available wheelchairs in this lot instead of an Orlando scooter rental, you’ll need to travel down and back up an incline in order to reach the ticket gate. The inclines can be hard on anyone, even if someone is available to push you.
- If you decide to take the monorail, you may arrive at the ticket gate more quickly, but you’ll also have a two story incline up to the monorail platform and another once you get off the monorail. There will be another slight incline as well before you reach the security checkpoint and gate.
These inclines can be much too taxing when you’re only using a wheelchair, but they can also be hard on your scooter rental. If you want to avoid the ups and downs while still making sure you don’t spend all of your vacation time going across parking lots, consider these tips.
Using Your Scooter Rental in Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Skip the monorail and take the ferry instead. The wait will be longer, but you won’t have to go up and down inclines that could limit the time you spend in the park because of its affects on your scooter battery.
- Always arrange for an Orlando scooter rental before you visit the park. Don’t rely on the scooters the park provides; these are generally sell out first thing in the morning. Having Florida Scooter Rentals deliver your scooter to your hotel room will allow you to enjoy the benefits of the scooter well before you enter the park as well.
- For shorter and easier commutes, stay at a Disney resort or on-site hotel. You’ll be able to use a boat or the bus service to quickly and easily reach the entrance to the Magic Kingdom.
- If you decide to park in the handicap parking lot or use the monorail, make sure your scooter’s battery is full charged. The inclines can deplete its power more quickly, but with a full charge to start off with, you should be able to enjoy the entire day with your family and friends in Magic Kingdom.
Are you ready to enjoy Disney World’s Magic Kingdom? Don’t let your limited mobility get in the way. Use these tips and an Orlando scooter rental to make the most of your visit to Florida so you can have time of your life.