Tips for Avoiding Falls in Your Vacation Home or Hotel
When you plan a trip to Orlando, Florida, you’re expecting the best of the best. You want magic, beauty, and excitement. You want to explore the various theme parks it offers, taste the best food, and enjoy luxury hotels and rental homes. The last thing you want is to become injured. Unfortunately, it happens, and when you have mobility problems, the likelihood of an injury increases dramatically.
So, what can you do about it?
Avoiding Falling on Your Vacation
- Scooter Rental in Orlando- Whether you’re traveling from your hotel room to the hotel swimming pool or you’re enjoying the magic of Disney, renting a scooter is essential to ensuring you’re as safe as possible. Being able to utilize the scooter will allow you to eliminate the need to walk any type of long distance, which greatly reduces the risk of falling or tripping, especially when your mobility is limited already.
- Equipped Hotel Rooms- When you plan your Orlando, Florida vacation, be careful how you make your hotel reservation. Be clear that you will be operating a mobility scooter and that your mobility is limited. Request a room that is on the ground floor, or one with disabled-access. As whether the room is equipped for individuals with limited mobility as well; the room may come with shower bars, hand rails, and lower countertops to accommodate for your needs.
- Equipped Vacation Homes- It’s much more difficult to find a vacation home with the scooter-friendly access, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Contact a realtor while you’re planning your trip. They will be able to help you find exactly what you need; this very helpful when you don’t live nearby and are unable to visit Orlando to find the perfect rental yourself.
- Go Clutter Free- Living out a suitcase isn’t very conducive to organization, but allowing the items in your hotel room to clutter up walkways can be dangerous. Even if you only have to walk short distances, like to the bathroom or to where your scooter rental is charging on the other side of the room, making sure path is free of any clutter will help you avoid falling.
- Rely on Help- There may be instances during your trip when you won’t be able to do what you want to do if you’re in a mobility scooter. For instance, some rides and attractions at the theme parks in Orlando will require you to transfer from your scooter to a wheelchair that will fit on the ride. Don’t be afraid to rely on a bit of help when you must make these changes. Being able to stabilize yourself on the arm of someone else can keep you from becoming injured and can keep the rest of your trip from being ruined. When you’re in your vacation home, think of things the same way. If you need help getting from your scooter to your bed at night, ask for help.
Want to make the most of your trip? If your mobility is limited, do everything you can to plan to avoid falling. Find the right hotel room or vacation home, get a scooter rental in Orlando, and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.