Should You Rent a 3 Wheel or 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter?
If you have trouble getting around or are disabled because of an injury or illness, renting a mobility scooter when you’re planning an Orlando vacation is an excellent idea. However, there is a lot of thought that needs to go into choosing the best scooter for you. Mobility scooter rentals in Orlando are available in two different models: three wheel and four wheel. Depending on what you plan on doing on your vacation, where you plan on going, your height, and your weight, one may be more beneficial to you than the other.
Why? Some scooters are compact and designed for portability, travel, and indoor use. Others are better for rugged terrain and outdoor use. Let’s take a look at the differences between three and four wheel mobility scooter rentals in Orlando so you can determine which one is best for your personal mobility and which one matches your physical abilities.
Choosing Your Mobility Scooter
The Three Wheel Mobility Scooter
Mobility scooters with three wheels can provide you with all the necessary ‘go’ you need to explore Orlando and its many attractions. Whether you intend to visit Disney World, Sea World, or just explore the local museums, however, you need to make sure this scooter is right for you. Let’s take a look at the best ways to use this type of scooter.
- Three wheel scooter work best for indoor use or when navigating over smooth surfaces. This means they can be used for outdoor use, but in order to remain safe and upright, you should not travel with them over grass or uneven pavement. Choosing this scooter means you’ll need to stick to smooth sidewalks, roads, and parking lots whenever you’re outside.
- This type of scooter is brilliant for narrow spaces as it has a sharper turning radius. If your hotel has limited space or you plan on visiting restaurants that may be crowded, a three wheel scooter can get you in and out without much a hassle.
- Are you a little taller than the average person? Three wheel scooters are perfect for tall individuals, as they offer more leg room.
Four Wheel Mobility Scooters
Ready to get out and explore Orlando with your mobility scooter? Let’s take a look at the benefits it can provide and see if it is the right rental option for you.
- Four wheel mobility scooters offer better weight distribution. This is very beneficial if you are a little heavier, as the mobility scooter is much less likely to tip over if you have to travel over hilly or uneven ground.
- This type of scooter can go almost anywhere, even over rough terrain. This means it’s the perfect scooter to take to Disney World, Sea World, museums, restaurants, or even the golf course.
- For some individuals, four wheel scooters simply ‘feel’ safer because of their sturdier, wider, and broader wheelbase. While three wheel scooters are perfectly safe, your peace of mind is important. If you prefer the four wheel scooter because you think it feels safer and more sturdy, it is the best option for you.
As always, your weight, height, and the size of the scooter are crucial when choosing a mobility scooter rental in Orlando. Before you pick a three wheel or four wheel model, though, consider where you are going and how the scooter makes you feel. With this in mind, you’ll always choose the best option for you.