Disney’s Animal Kingdom: What to Expect When You’re Using a Scooter
Renting a mobility scooter in Orlando means you’ll have access to some of the most exciting attractions in the city- no matter what level of mobility you have. One of the most attractive options for visitors to Florida is Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Here, both children and adults can experience all the magic of Disney with more than 1,700 animals, various rides and attractions, entertaining musicals, and expeditions.
Being in a mobility scooter doesn’t mean you have sacrifice the fun and excitement of an Orlando vacation. When you visit the Animal Kingdom, you’ll have access to almost everything, including the following.
Attractions for Those Using Mobility Scooters in Orlando
- Tree of Life Garden- The tree of life, located on Discovery Island in the Animal Kingdom, is a sculpted masterpiece that expresses nature and its intricate balance. It’s 145 feet tall, 50 feet wide, and is home to more than 300 animal carvings along its trunk. It’s also home to several live animals, including kangaroos, tortoises, flamingos, and lemurs. Inside the tree of life is a theater, where It’s Tough to be a Bug! can be seen in 3D animation. This multimedia show starring the cast of A Bug’s Life is accessible to those using mobility scooters as well.
- The Boneyard- Have young children who are eager to explore? Young paleontologists under the age of ten can visit the Boneyard, and you can too! Here you can watch as your children make prehistoric discoveries.
- Maharajah Jungle Trek- You don’t have to be worried about being left behind when it comes to exploring the wilds of Asia. This jungle trek leads you through the Anandapur Royal Forest, home to tropical trees, wild animals, and ruins. Here you’ll navigate trails, see beautiful waterfalls, and behold a palace that is centuries old and seems to be frozen in time. While you’re exploring, you may come across fruit bats, flying foxes, Asian tigers, Elds deer, blackbucks, and more than 50 types of birds.
- Finding Nemo, The Musical- You loved the movie, now you can see the musical on stage in the Animal Kingdome. In this 40 minute show, experience the harrowing adventures of Marlin and Dory as they set off to find Marlin’s lost and kidnapped son, Nemo. Along the way, you’ll be reunited with friends you came to love in the hit movie as well, like Nigel the pelican and Crush the turtle.
- Pangani Forest Exploration Trail- Would you like to experience the heart of Africa? This exploration trail is open to individuals in mobility scooters and is sure to please. It features a number of exotic animals that can be found throughout the sprawling savannah and jungle forest. Here you’ll meet meerkats, emerald starlings, Angolan black monkeys, a Nile hippopotamus, and even western lowland gorillas.
Renting mobility scooters in Orlando can help you gain access to a number of attractions you might not be able to experience without some mobility help. This is especially true in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where fun and excitement are waiting just for you.