Universal Orlando: Top Tips and Attraction Assistance Explained
Are you thinking of visiting Universal Orlando during your trip to Florida? If you suffer from an illness or injury that makes walking difficult or impossible, investing in Orlando scooter rentals is the first step you can to make sure your trip is as fun and exciting as possible. A mobility scooter will help you get around much more easily than a walker or cane, and will allow you to spend more time having fun with your family because you won’t grow as weary or tired so quickly.
Visiting Orlando Universal when you’re using a mobility scooter is easy, as well. This theme park offers a number of features to ensure disabled guests are able to participate in attractions and obtain the assistance they need to board rides and obtain the full Universal experience. This is known as the Universal Attraction Assistance Pass. Want to know how to get it? Here’s how.
Orlando Scooter Rentals and Universal Assistance
Knowing where and where not to go when you’re riding on a mobility scooter can be difficult at Orlando Universal, especially if it’s your first time visiting. That’s where a Universal Attraction Assistance Pass comes in handy. This allows you gain quick access to the rides you most want to go on. Getting this pass requires a few steps:
- Obtain a doctor’s note that says you need special accommodations ‘due to disability.’ The name of your disability or any information related to it isn’t necessary, as long as the doctor states ‘due to disability’ on the note.
- Once you’ve obtained this note and arrive at Orlando Universal theme park in Florida, go to Guest Services, which is located on the ride side of the turnstiles. Present them with the note and you will obtain an Attraction Assistance Pass.
- While you’re with Guest Services, discuss what rides and attractions are and are not available to you. Some may have a height requirement you may not meet because of your mobility scooter. They will most likely evaluate your height, your ability to hold onto restraints, and your ability to hold your head up.
Once that pass is in your hand, using it is easy. Simply present it to the greeter at every attraction you visit and they will direct you to a separate entrance where you will be able to board the attraction with your Orlando scooter rental or switch to one of the theme park’s wheel chairs.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Universal Orlando Attraction Assistance Pass
- Be patient. Sometimes you’ll be asked to come back to the attraction at a certain time if there is a long line. If this is the case, enjoy other areas of the park while you wait.
- Keep in mind that you can only establish one reservation time at the same time. This means that if you’re waiting for one ride, you can’t reserve another for a later time. After you finish the first ride, you will have to go back and make the second reservation. This is to ensure everyone using mobility scooters or wheelchairs has the opportunity to ride the attraction.
- If the ride requires you to switch to a wheelchair, make sure to tell the attendant that you’ll need your rented scooter back when the ride is completed.
- Before you get in line, speak to the ride attendant. While some rides will require you to enter the ride normally, you may have to use the express lane or an alternative door for others.
Ready to enjoy yourself at Universal Orlando? Make a plan so you can have a fun and exciting time, even if you need to use an Orlando scooter rental.